PPoPP 2009 Local Information
Below is some information about the Raleigh-Durham area that may be
useful for your trip to the PPoPP 2009 Symposium.
If you need any other local information,
feel free to contact the Local Arrangements Chair,
Directions from the Raleigh-Durham Airport (RDU)
SuperShuttle shared ride service is available from RDU airport. Cost is $16 one-way.
To book a ride, call 1-800-258-3826 or visit
The fare is approximately $25 one-way.
RDU Airport Taxi provides service to and from RDU.
To schedule a taxi, please call (919) 840-7277.
Reservations and on-demand service are available.
- By Car
Take I-40E toward Raleigh. S Saunders St. exit - 298 toward downtown.
Merge onto S Saunders, 401 N. Continue on 401 N. Turn right onto Lenoir St.
Parking Garage will be on left entrance side of the hoel off Lenoir St.
For valet parking coninue past the parking garage entrance and turn left onto Fayetteville St.
(The fee for on-site parking is $18.00 daily.)
Attractions and Entertainment
We have created an annotated map (PDF format) for Raleigh with the hotel, museum and restaurant
Dining, nightlife and more:
The Marriott has an on-site restaurant, a lobby bar, and a Starbucks. Other local favorites include:
- 2nd Empire, 330 Hillsborough St. (upscale)
- 518 Italian, 518 W Jones St. (Cafe/Restaurant)
- Sullivan's Steakhouse, 414 Glenwood Ave. # 103
- Prime Only Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, 505 West Jones St
- Vic's Ristorante Italiano, 331 Blake St, (family, close)
- Mo's Diner, 306 E Hargett St. (medium upscale, close)
- Frazier's, 2418 Hillsborough St (steaks by campus)
- Irregardless, 901 W Morgan St (cafe by campus)
- The Pit, 328 W. Davie St. (Southern BBQ, close)
- Vin, 410 Glenwood Ave # 350
- Humble Pie, 317 S Harrington St
- Cheap and Great:
- Mellow Mushroom, 601 W Peace St
- Flying Saucer, 328 W Morgan St (100+ beers)
- Borough, 317 W Morgan St # 117
- Tir Na Nog Irish Pub, 218 S Blount St (close)
- Zydeco Downtown, 208 Wolfe St (Louisiana food, closest)
- Berkeley Cafe, 217 W. Martin St.
- Deep South Bar, 430 S. Dawson St.
- Mosquito Bar, 311 S. Harrington St.
- White Collar Crime, 319 Davie St. (close)
- See also the lists at: